430 West Rd Portsmouth, NH 03801
Job Title: Controls Engineer
We’ re looking for experienced Controls Engineers to join our growing team. We encourage those with experience in advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
I&C Engineers develop skills in specific control disciplines such as advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). The use of these disciplines will depend on the exact nature of individual job roles. In general, tasks and responsibilities can include:
- Designing and developing new control systems.
- Specifying instruments and equipment to meet design requirements.
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems.
- Analyzing data and presenting findings in written reports.
- Managing operations.
- Working collaboratively with engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities.
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Providing advice and consultancy support.
- Purchasing equipment.
- Writing computer software and test procedures.
- Developing new business proposals.
- Accepting responsibility and accountability that is proportionate to the seniority of the position.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with PLC functions and integrated controls equipment.
- Ability to set priorities, to be self-disciplined and consistent.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to develop and implement action steps and follow-through with the people responsible for them.
- Ability to work effectively individually or within a group.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and AutoCAD (preferable AutoCAD Electrical).
- Ability to develop and implement process improvement solutions.
- Ability to develop programming functional specifications and coordinate with system integrators.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Degree, or completion of at least two years post-secondary education, formal training in electrical theory, industrial controls, and a minimum of ten years’ experience in a similar industry.
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience designing, programming, installing, de-bugging and maintaining PLC based control systems.
- Experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix systems is required.
- Experience in LNG, LPG and/or natural gas is preferred, but applicable non-gas, industrial or utility experience will be considered.