Title: Lead Cost Engineer
Pay Range: $55- $65/hr
Per Diem: $142/day; $994/week
Lead Cost Engineer
The key responsibilities of the Cost Engineer include-
- Earned Value, estimates at completion, time-phased forecasting, contingency management, month end accrual processes, cost reporting, etc.
- In conjunction with the Project Controls Manager and contracts manager, develop reporting breakdown structure and procedures for the total project budget.
- Develop and establish overall project master cost plan for budget control.
- Be able to develop linear cost projections.
- Prepare the overall monthly cost report for the project including Project statistics and trends.
- Prepare cost control input for monthly progress report for the entire project.
- Monitor commitments and value of work done to produce a cash flow forecast.
- Consolidate cost reports and other information to assist in preparing the monthly cost report.
- Translates quantity trends in Engineering into forecast updates for bulks and subcontractors.
- Supports the contract change management for engineering and construction and prepares estimates or check estimates for change orders.
- Recommends solutions or recovery plans to cost impacts.
- Prepares the input for the review of Project Profit/Risk Analysis with management and provides status reporting.
Basic Job Requirements
- Experience with pipeline/linear construction projects. Will be setting up the cost program for the pipeline and must be comfortable working in an environment that doesn’ t have established project controls procedures.
- Work experience in large scale and complex EPC(M) projects.