Electrical Engineer - Cost Estimating
266 Summer St. Rockland, MA 02370
This Engineer has direct responsibility for managing Electrical cost information in all divisions, including over site of updating, enhancing, and maintaining our Electrical database. In addition, they will work with current and future clients from initial contact through fulfillment phases of consulting projects ensuring delivery of established goals and objectives.
- Daily responsibility and management of the Electrical divisions, including updating, enhancing, and maintaining cost information that helps owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and others to precisely project and control the cost of both new building construction and renovation projects.
- Work directly with clients and internal resources to manage Electrical consulting projects.
- Serve as an expert in their field by providing Electrical expertise to clients and the industry by teaching seminars and speaking at association meetings.
- Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems.
- Maintain and train others about Electrical construction materials, how they are used, and how they are installed, as well as a deep knowledge of construction standards, codes, and laws (OSHA, Building Codes, etc.).
- Consistently considers new ideas and methodologies; implements complete solutions and serves as a go-to for problem solving assistance for others.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Professional Engineer designation preferred with 10-15 years of construction or equivalent experience.
- Experience effectively managing multiple on-going project.
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical construction, standards, means, and methods, as well as the construction life cycle process.
- Effective communication skills across an organization and with clients, as well as the ability to organize technical requirements and ideas into actions.
- The ability to take ownership of project outcomes, think clearly and logically to take action or make decisions and then to follow through.
- A tenacious attention-to-detail; logical thinking and a passion for their work.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.