1230 River Bend Drive Suite 215 Allentown, PA 18106
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Location: Allentown, PA
Duration: 11+ months Contract
Rate: $55 - $65/hr
Hours: 40 hours
Overtime: Not expected but possible, Straight Time only
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5 (Standard Business)
Skills / Experience:
1) Transmission Line Design with PLS CAD experience required.
2) Someone who can help guide others and take initiatives on, rather than simply doing their work individually.
3) Own vehicle for transportation to field sites (mileage is reimbursed/expensed).
Scope of Work:
This Owner’ s Engineer (OE) position can be both office based and field based; the determination of work location will be based on workload and activities.
We expect the contractor to work independently to organize and complete assignments by the set forth and agreed schedule.
The OE may also be required to develop standards on a project basis or program basis similar to below:
- Work with manufactures to determine products or materials needed for each project.
- Develop standards based off new materials.
- Record and document standards and catalogue units in records.
The OE will arrange a pre-design meeting with the responsible transmission Design representative and or the Line Design Contractor(s) to assure that:
- The Scope of Work is reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- All necessary and defined deliverables are in-hand.
- The applicable specifications to be utilized on the project are identified.
- Any issues that need to be resolved or require special attention are identified.
The OE will arrange and attend a preliminary field walk-down for the purpose of assuring that the:
- Review the line route for design and constructability obstacle/issues.
- Identify potential access and associated environmental/permitting issues.
- Identify any additional field survey that may be required to complete the design.
- Define the access and locates where any necessary soil borings shall take place.
- Define any open right-of-way issues and/or applicable design restrictions.
Sufficiently early in the design stage, the OE will review the preliminary designs to assure that:
- All required criteria has been met and addressed (assumes a PLS-CADD file is prepared and available to be shared).
- Is addressing and/or preparing:
i. Project One Line Diagram.
ii. All necessary crossing drawings.
iii. All necessary environmental permits.
iv. PA One Call design notifications.
v. Any and all other notifications and approvals.
Has included all necessary steel pole loading criteria in the prepared loading summaries.
Has adequately prepared and completed Bills-of-Material (e.g. Custom Steel pole Order, Fiber Optic, Cataloged ID Material Order), foundation designs, etc.
At the Design Complete stage, the OE will review check-off list to assure that:
- All design parameters were identified and met.
- All necessary clearances were checked and met.
- All permitting requirements are identified and being cared for.
At the Design Complete stage, the OE will complete or review drawing set to assure that:
- All drawing details are complete and provide sufficient and necessary information for the project to be constructed.
- All drawing details are adequate to document the final design criteria utilized.
- The drawing content is readable and understandable and is provided in a professional drawing style or according to requirements, as so specified.
- The compatible unit spreadsheets are properly prepared and adequately define the units to be entered in Work Asset Management system.