Project Controls Specialist - Mining Department
13830 Circa Crossing Drive Lakeland, FL 33815
Title: Project Controls Specialist
Duration: Contract 1+ year
Pay Rate: $60 - $70/hr, all hours worked
Per Diem: $149/day for 7 days a week
Expected work schedule: Standard 40 hours a week
Target start date / availability: September
- Individual must have 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- From an owner’ s perspective, they must wear many hats.
- Need to be able to review project schedules in P6.
- Might be asked to build a MS Project Milestone schedule.
- Understand Project Controls fundamentals in the construction industry.
- Basic knowledge of accrual accounting.
- Cost tracking and forecasting experience.
- Conceptual cost estimating.
- Review engineers estimates and provide feedback.
- Provide project controls support to Project Managers on multiple large capital projects, providing cost estimating project scheduling, budgeting, cost tracking, and forecast support.
- Providing cost data and forecasting information in order to ensure PM’ s have the necessary information to make spending and scheduling decisions on their assigned projects.
- Will be using a combination of Primavera, MS-Project, Microsoft Excel, SAP, and IBM Maximo.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with contractors to request information about the projects.
- Travel between multiple mine sites is required.
- Position will report to Project Controls Manager.