Project Controls Specialist
1230 River Bend Drive Suite 215 Allentown, PA 18101
Job Title: Project Controls Specialist
Location: Allentown, PA
Skills / Experience:
The Distribution Portfolio Management team is seeking a new Project Control Specialist for a period of 2 years. The location of employment will be at the Client' s General Office location in Allentown, PA. The Project Control Specialist is responsible for providing cost analysis and business controls for Distribution programs and projects. This includes, but is not limited, establishing five-year business plan, developing annual resource strategy, managing program variance analysis and monitoring monthly cash flow, forecasting & risk analysis. Key responsibilities include:
1. Provide Project Contract Management with Monthly Budget variance analysis of forecast to actual by Super Project, with insights and action plan of how to stay on track with budget and work plan, including a TO GO analysis of projected spend. Highlight risk areas with remediation plans.
2. Support five-year business plan, including updates to corporate budgeting system with projected spend and supporting factors to build out budget and monthly cash flow of projected work plan.
3. Responsible for preparing documentation in support of the governance process for internal meetings.
4. Responsible for verification of invoices, including the review of supporting documentation against associated contracts, the application of proper accounting and the completion of any required accruals in accordance with guidelines.
5. Facilitation of the close out process for work completed, confirming tasks are set to finish in A/S and documents scanned from contracting, then updating the route list to begin the close out process for the work order.
6. Performing appropriate controls related to the projects and/ or programs to monitor, analyze and trend information, providing insights to support operational improvements and business strategies, including, but not limited to, ensuring work is completed on time and on budget, providing a resource strategy and other ad hoc requests.
7. Responsible for preparing documentation in accordance with corporate guidelines for financial review and approval, including SOX compliance.
-Must be able to travel locally (3 hours one-way trip at max).
-Must be able to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursement available per company policy).
-Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
-5+ years’ experience with a focus on analytical skills for utility or service-oriented organization.
-Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of organization from peer group to leadership levels.
-Ability to effectively summarize data and financial information in an actionable manner.
-Strong skill set in forecasting, cost control and scheduling.
-Demonstrated skills in managing project risk and developing mitigation plans.
-Experience in building resource plan.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products – specifically in excel with the ability to create pivot tables and analyze data; Access with the ability to navigate existing databases.
-Must thrive in a dynamic environment, accepting constructive feedback on performance and ability to adapt to change.
-Working knowledge of data mining technology.
-Familiarity with Primavera a plus.