Project Controls Specialist
Orange, CT 06418
Title: Project Controls Specialist
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Range: $70, 000 - $110, 000
Expected work schedule: 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, no overtime expected
Relocation: Package is negotiable
We are currently hiring for Project Schedulers and Controllers in our Program Management Services Division at multiple sites. The Program Management Services Division provides comprehensive management services for complex projects and multi-year capital programs. Project teams are established to provide a customized mix of business consulting, project management, financial control and monitoring, administrative, and technical support services.
The Project Scheduler and Controller has the overall responsibility for providing guidance to other project personnel on good scheduling practices and techniques and assisting with project planning and management. The position is required to produce a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports in support of our project planning and control initiatives. Working closely with all functional departments, they play a key role in ensuring that policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to.
Additional scheduling responsibilities include:
· Earned Value Management during all project stages.
· Develop an Integrated Master Schedule of the program according owner standards.
· Develop and evaluate the activities in the Integrated Project Schedule that affect the project and be able to capture work that can be completed in six (6) month Look-Ahead increments.
· Develop Project Sequence/Logic – preparation of project schedules that accurately identify the interrelationship of activities to be performed by the various disciplines and Third Party involved in the project.
· Perform Current Schedule and Cost (EV, AC) vs. Performance Measurement Baseline, compare and highlight major activity deviations between the original baseline and the current plan based on monthly updates.
· Perform Critical Path Analysis, identify and analyze critical paths/activities to ascertain project completion in time and in budget, including forecasting delays and evaluation of alternative scenarios.
· 4 years of experience in construction project scheduling and in project controlling.
· In-depth knowledge of Earned Value Management Techniques.
· Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering.
· Certified Assistant Project Manager (CAPM) or PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge level of Microsoft Office.
· SAP experience.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.