Sr. Engineer - Standard Protection & Control
Allentown, PA 18101
Job Title: Sr. Engineer - Standard Protection & Control
Duration: 12 months +
Rate: $70 to $80/hr, all hours worked
Hours: Standard Business M-F 8-5
Perform engineering technical reviews of standard protection and control drawings, logic diagrams, documents, and relay files to ensure material is up to date.
- Provide technical support to the organization. Work includes all appropriate calculations and documentation.
- Contribute as a technical consultant for interpretations on various codes, regulations and recommended practices, including but not limited to IEEE, NEC, ANSI, NERC, PJM, and applicable company manuals/procedures.
- Keep standard P&C drawings, logic diagrams, standard bill of material (BOM) items, design intent document, protection documents, and standard relay files up to date.
- Pre-test in the lab new or updated standard logic.
- Support the Department training program.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 8-year experience in electric systems, including protection settings, control design, and understanding of SCADA systems.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of NERC CIP compliance standards.
- Ability to read and properly interpret engineering drawings.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license (or equivalent) - preferred.
- Technical / Professional Leader-
- Carry out delegated work with minimum supervision.
- Quickly learn what resources are available within the organization and effectively utilizes them.
- Demonstrate ability to use computer systems and tools required for the position.
- Effectively develop technical plans and create (as needed) control schematics, wiring diagrams, front view drawings, and protection logic diagrams for a new or updated standard.
- Understand the technical concepts behind protection and control.
- Prepare equipment specifications, bid evaluations, engineering instructions, or standard documentation.
- Assist/mentor other engineers during projects or special assignments.
- Communication / Interpersonal Skills-
- Interface/communicate effectively with management, employees, contractors, and customers.
- Prepare/present written and/or oral reports on assigned projects or initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to manage engineering contractors.
- Decision Making and Judgment-
- Able to prioritize work to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to logically solve problems on a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to research and interpret data.